Broken documentation URLs

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Fri Oct 13 13:16:53 GMT 2023

Hi,

Replying to my self, since my and Frank's messages crossed.

On Fri, 2023-10-13 at 15:08 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> As far as I know the onlinedocs are generated by the gdbadmin
> through the /home/gdbadmin/ss/update-web-docs script.
> See the /home/gdbadmin/ss/update-web-docs/HOWTO
>
> I think this script would be responsible for creating a symlink or
> redirect.
>
> I just don't know what the official procedure is for updating that
> script or how it is run (through a cronjob?)
>
> Joel do you know?

I still like to know how this exactly works. But there is no urgency.

Frank already fixed the "root cause" by adding an explicit redirect in
the httpd conf.d.

RedirectMatch permanent "/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb(.*)" "/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb.html$1"

So the script doesn't need to be changed.

Cheers,

Mark