warning: Target-supplied registers are not supported by the current architecture

Aktemur, Tankut Baris tankut.baris.aktemur@intel.com
Mon Oct 9 06:45:45 GMT 2023

On Monday, October 9, 2023 1:14 AM, William Tambe wrote:
> I am working on gdbserver support.
>
> I am able to remotely execute the executable and set breakpoints,
> however right after issuing the `target remote` command, I am getting
> following warning:
>
> (gdb) target remote 192.168.1.164:2000
> Remote debugging using 192.168.1.164:2000
> warning: Target-supplied registers are not supported by the current architecture
>
> Error message is coming from gdb/target-descriptions.c at line 576,
> due to data->arch_regs.empty () return true.
>
> Any idea what I might have missed causing data->arch_regs.empty () to
> return true ?

When gdbserver is started with the --remote-debug flag, it prints the
received and sent RSP packages.  There, the target description XML would
be seen.  I'd suggest starting with inspecting if the contents of that XML
look right.

Regards
-Baris
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de <http://www.intel.de>
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Sharon Heck, Tiffany Doon Silva
Registered Office: Munich