warning: Target-supplied registers are not supported by the current architecture

William Tambe tambewilliam@gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 23:13:41 GMT 2023

I am working on gdbserver support.

I am able to remotely execute the executable and set breakpoints,
however right after issuing the `target remote` command, I am getting
following warning:

(gdb) target remote 192.168.1.164:2000
Remote debugging using 192.168.1.164:2000
warning: Target-supplied registers are not supported by the current architecture

Error message is coming from gdb/target-descriptions.c at line 576,
due to data->arch_regs.empty () return true.

Any idea what I might have missed causing data->arch_regs.empty () to
return true ?

Best Regards,
William