[question] If the code format is wrong, the _initialize_xxx functions cannot be generated?

hilbert swdtian@163.com
Tue Jan 31 03:31:33 GMT 2023

Got it .
Thank you very much.

在 2023-01-31 10:10:27,"Joel Sherrill" <joel@rtems.org> 写道:

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023, 8:01 PM Simon Marchi via Gdb <gdb@sourceware.org> wrote:

On 1/30/23 20:58, hilbert via Gdb wrote:
> Sorry, it was my mistake.
>
> I downloaded a custom cudagdb project which has .clang-format file inside.
>  So, which formatting tool do you need to use for the original GNU-GDB project?

There is none, we format the code by hand.

Many of us wish we could use a tool such as clang-format, but
unfortunately it's not configurable enough (despite its many
configuration options) to match our formatting and its many quirks.

FWIW RTEMS also has its own formatting quirks and clang-format appears to be within one option for us now. One of our core folks was considering addressing that one.

They get better and better so worth looking periodically.

--joel

Simon