[question] If the code format is wrong, the _initialize_xxx functions cannot be generated?

Joel Sherrill joel@rtems.org
Tue Jan 31 02:10:27 GMT 2023

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023, 8:01 PM Simon Marchi via Gdb <gdb@sourceware.org>
wrote:

> On 1/30/23 20:58, hilbert via Gdb wrote:
> > Sorry, it was my mistake.
> >
> > I downloaded a custom cudagdb project which has .clang-format file
> inside.
> >  So, which formatting tool do you need to use for the original GNU-GDB
> project?
>
> There is none, we format the code by hand.
>
> Many of us wish we could use a tool such as clang-format, but
> unfortunately it's not configurable enough (despite its many
> configuration options) to match our formatting and its many quirks.

FWIW RTEMS also has its own formatting quirks and clang-format appears to
be within one option for us now. One of our core folks was considering
addressing that one.

They get better and better so worth looking periodically.

--joel