Any concrete plans after the GDB BoF?

Lancelot SIX lsix@lancelotsix.com
Fri Jan 27 15:50:16 GMT 2023

On Fri, Jan 20, 2023 at 01:30:00PM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Mark> I use git-pw for that:
> Mark> https://patchwork.readthedocs.io/projects/git-pw/
>
> Tom> Just to be clear -- I think if people want to use git-pw, they should,
> Tom> and shouldn't wait for some official blessing.
>
> I gave it a look today.  There were 8 pages of patches, but nearly all
> of them have been checked in.  I went through and cleaned out a few
> pages, but TBH this is pretty boring, not to mention error-prone.
>
> Tom

Hi,

I usually try to run a script doing this automatically.  However, it can
only detect when a checked-in patch exactly matches what have been sent
to the ML.  So the situations where we have "OK to merge with this
detail fixed" will not be caught by the script.

Also, I wish patchwork could automatically close a patches/series when a new
revision is sent to the ML. This is another class of patches which
remain on patchwork when they should probably not.  I did try to close
those manually in the past, but got overwhelmed, so I do not do that
anymore.

That being said, I still use git-pw to fetch and apply patch and series.
This is really convenient when I am not working on the host where I have
my mail client.

Lancelot.