CI scripts

Jan Vrany jan@vrany.io
Wed Jan 18 12:09:52 GMT 2023

Hi Simon,

On Thu, 2023-01-12 at 08:55 -0500, Simon Marchi wrote:

> On 1/12/23 07:56, Jan Vrany via Gdb wrote:
> > Hi Simon,
> >
> > about a month ago when you helped me with use-after-free fix
> > you wrote:
> >
> > > I ran the patch through my CI job, looks good.
> >
> > I'm wondering whether the CI scripts for your job are available?
> > I'd like to setup a similar job on my CI to avoid similar problems
> > in future.
> >
> > I'm especially interested in "configure ..." and "make check ..."
> > commands.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Jan
> >

> Hi Jan,
>
> Yes, it's on Jenkins, the job description (it uses Jenkins Job Builder)
> is here:
>
> https://github.com/simark/lttng-ci/blob/master/jobs/binutils-gdb.yaml
>
> The build script is runs is here (which is where the commands you are
> intereted in are):
>
> https://github.com/simark/lttng-ci/blob/master/scripts/binutils-gdb/build.sh

Perfect, thanks a lot! I managed to setup a job on my CI. I just call your
script to build GDB and run and process test.

There's one little thing - the script uses `--with-guile=guile-2.2`. My build
nodes have no guile-2.2, only `guile` which is an alias for `guile-3.0` so I
have to patch the script to use just `--with-guile`.

> The job itself is hosted here:
>
> https://ci.lttng.org/view/GDB/job/binutils-gdb_master_linuxbuild/

Thanks! Interestingly, my build of 1b1be68b9 (using your script) shows
only 6 failures wheres "your" [1] build shows 72750 failures...

Jan

[1]: https://ci.lttng.org/view/GDB/job/binutils-gdb_master_linuxbuild/1044/