CI scripts

Simon Marchi simark@simark.ca
Thu Jan 12 13:55:14 GMT 2023

On 1/12/23 07:56, Jan Vrany via Gdb wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> about a month ago when you helped me with use-after-free fix
> you wrote:
>
>> I ran the patch through my CI job, looks good.
>
> I'm wondering whether the CI scripts for your job are available?
> I'd like to setup a similar job on my CI to avoid similar problems
> in future.
>
> I'm especially interested in "configure ..." and "make check ..."
> commands.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jan

Hi Jan,

Yes, it's on Jenkins, the job description (it uses Jenkins Job Builder)
is here:

https://github.com/simark/lttng-ci/blob/master/jobs/binutils-gdb.yaml

The build script is runs is here (which is where the commands you are
intereted in are):

https://github.com/simark/lttng-ci/blob/master/scripts/binutils-gdb/build.sh

The job itself is hosted here:

https://ci.lttng.org/view/GDB/job/binutils-gdb_master_linuxbuild/

It's hosted on my employer's infrastructure, hence why it's on the LTTng
CI.

It was green for a while (I filter out pre-existing known failures /
flaky tests in the testsuite, hoping to fix those little by little).  I
usually try to keep it that way by catching regressions early and
notifying people, but it got broken by various commits during the
holidays, so I have to play catch up now.

Simon