broken current onlinedocs

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Thu Jan 12 07:30:48 GMT 2023

Hi Mike,

On Thu, Jan 12, 2023 at 12:12:42AM -0500, Mike Frysinger via Overseers wrote:
> On 12 Jan 2023 00:56, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > OK https://sourceware.org/gdb is maintained in git now!
> >
> > To test it out I even updated the how to update the website
> > instructions on https://sourceware.org/gdb/current/
>
> hmm, i can't tell if this is a new thing, but the gdb doc links are broken.
> i'm guessing it's new as this link has been the same since 2009 ?
>
> https://sourceware.org/gdb/documentation/
>   -> Online GDB manuals: GDB User Manual
>      https://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb/
>      -> 404
>
> but https://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/ seems to be correct.
>
> is the link wrong and we should fix it, or does something need adjusting on
> the server side after the migration from CVS to git ?
>
> or is this a side-effect of the recent texinfo output change ?
> https://sourceware.org/git/?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=7bd836d5d90353a2de192fd4711a20b4520246b7

I think this is a coincidence and not related to the git
conversion. But either the above change or some change in the script
that generates the onlinedocs.

Before (Jan 11) https://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs
contained both a gdb/ directory with separate .html files per node and
a gdb.html file with everything on one page.

After (Jan 12) https://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs has a
directory gdb.html/ with one file per node and the file with
everything on one page is now called gdb

This is only for the current onlinedocs the (most recent branch)
https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/ and (last release)
https://sourceware.org/gdb/download/onlinedocs/ still have a directory
called gdb and a file called gdb.html

Cheers,