broken current onlinedocs

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Thu Jan 12 05:12:42 GMT 2023

On 12 Jan 2023 00:56, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 09:36:46AM +0400, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> > > So if Joel says to flip the switch we can. We just have to make sure
> > > not to clash with the GDB 13 release.
> >
> > On my end, I'm happy to switch as soon as you'd like.
> > If you're ready to connect the hooks to perform an automatic
> > update of the live version of the web server each time we do
> > a push, I think we're ready!
>
> OK https://sourceware.org/gdb is maintained in git now!
>
> To test it out I even updated the how to update the website
> instructions on https://sourceware.org/gdb/current/

hmm, i can't tell if this is a new thing, but the gdb doc links are broken.
i'm guessing it's new as this link has been the same since 2009 ?

https://sourceware.org/gdb/documentation/
  -> Online GDB manuals: GDB User Manual
     https://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb/
     -> 404

but https://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/ seems to be correct.

is the link wrong and we should fix it, or does something need adjusting on
the server side after the migration from CVS to git ?

or is this a side-effect of the recent texinfo output change ?
https://sourceware.org/git/?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=7bd836d5d90353a2de192fd4711a20b4520246b7
-mike