setting up sim project web space

Joel Brobecker brobecker@adacore.com
Wed Jan 11 05:36:46 GMT 2023

> > Can we have an official thumbs up from the gdb leadership to make this
> > transition?  We should be able to do it fairly quickly, but it is a
> > "flag day" sort of thing, requiring deprecation of the cvs copy.
>
> Sorry, Joel an I took the conversion off-list. And I already did the
> conversion: https://sourceware.org/git/gdb-htdocs.git

Thank you!

> People in the gdb group can already push to it, but I haven't hooked
> up the post-update to the actual htdocs dir.
>
> It is a "flag day", but in practice only Joel (as gdbadmin) updates
> the pages and only to update NEWS with new branches or releases.
>
> (The onlinedocs are updates through a cronjob, but bypass the
> repository and just add the docs directly in their respective
> onlindocs dirs.)
>
> So if Joel says to flip the switch we can. We just have to make sure
> not to clash with the GDB 13 release.

On my end, I'm happy to switch as soon as you'd like.
If you're ready to connect the hooks to perform an automatic
update of the live version of the web server each time we do
a push, I think we're ready!

We can do a quick announcement on gdb-patches@, to let people
know, but other than that, it's a pretty limited audience for
this repository. Perhaps it'll encourage people to participate
in improving it.

--
Joel