Toolchain Infrastructure project statement of support

Konstantin Ryabitsev konstantin@linuxfoundation.org
Sun Oct 23 18:56:56 GMT 2022

On Sun, Oct 23, 2022 at 12:17:36PM -0400, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> > Let's consider some "established security and administration practices"
> >
> > curl -v http://vger.kernel.org | head

These are all very fair observations, with one important caveat --
vger.kernel.org is the last remaining piece of kernel.org infrastructure that
is not managed by our team. It's been historically maintained by volunteers
that are not associated with the Linux Foundation (vger used to be hosted at
Red Hat, iirc).

> +Konstantin from LF IT since he's better equipped to speak to this, although
> ISTM that they started migrating off vger last year[1].

Correct, everything is ready for the migration on our end, but we cannot
unilaterally initiate the process. The mail server maintained by the Linux
Foundation is at subspace.kernel.org. I invite you to poke at it to see if it
fares any better compared to vger.

Best wishes,
Konstantin