Toolchain Infrastructure project statement of support

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh@gotplt.org
Tue Oct 18 18:13:21 GMT 2022

On 2022-10-18 12:42, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 11:17:15AM -0400, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
>> That is not true, Mark.  Your objections and questions have been answered at
>> every stage, privately as well as publicly.
>
> Actually, going back through this thread, I see outstanding
> questions/issues raised by Mark, Frank, Alexandre Oliva, Jon Corbet, and
> Andrew Pinski.

As far as actual questions regarding the proposal is concerned, I think
only Job Corbet's questions to Carlos/David are pending an answer; I
deferred them to Carlos or David because I think they're better placed
to answer them in their entirety.  The rest, AFAICT, are either fear of
some kind of corporate takeover, discussions about current sourceware
infrastructure, or just rhetoric, none of which I'm interested in
engaging with.

The corporate takeover fear especially is amusing to me given how much
of GNU toolchain development and infrastructure is sponsored by
corporations right now but that's just my personal opinion.

Maybe the FSF hosted call next week[1] would be a suitable forum to
discuss fears of corporate control of the GNU toolchain project
infrastructure due to the LF IT migration, or for that matter any other
questions you or others think may have gone unanswered.  Since
sourceware is neither a GNU nor an FSF project, it probably does not
make sense to discuss current sourceware infrastructure there.

Sid

[1] https://sourceware.org/pipermail/overseers/2022q4/018997.html