[EXT] Re: Context switch during stepping causes weird behavior

Luis Machado luis.machado@arm.com
Thu Oct 13 06:34:01 GMT 2022

Hi Adrian,

On 10/12/22 07:46, Adrian Oltean via Gdb wrote:
> Thanks guys. Looks like displaced stepping is off by default when GDB is running
> in all-stop mode - my case. So I'll have to look for other ways to work around
> the behavior I described.

That is a bit misleading. It used to be the case it was only used for non-stop mode, but
nowadays it is supported if the underlying target supports it.

I don't think Arm (As in arm-none-elf, I'm assuming this is the case here) supports it, but when
debugging linux-hosted Arm binaries, then it is supported.

See gdb/infrun.c:gdbarch_supports_displaced_stepping.