Proposal: Add review tags to patch review workflow.

Bruno Larsen blarsen@redhat.com
Mon Oct 10 13:26:33 GMT 2022

On 10/10/2022 15:14, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 14:31:54 +0200
>> Cc: simark@simark.ca, gdb@sourceware.org
>> From: Bruno Larsen <blarsen@redhat.com>

>>> I don't mind either way.  This whole thing is a service to others, so
>>> I'll do whatever people prefer.  Let me just point out that my
>>> situation is not too unique: several other maintainers can approve
>>> only parts of patches.
>> Ah, so I'll suggest that you approve the documentation changes, and I'll
>> mention that some approvers may sometimes only approve part of the
>> patch, so one should make sure the whole patch is approved before pushing.
> I'm not sure I understand: do you mean that I should not use _any_ tag
> at all, when the patch includes more than just documentation?

Sorry for making things even more confusing. I meant that you use
Approved-by tags.

What I was getting at was that the wording I have been using until this
point was "if you get any Approved-by, it is ready for pushing", and
that needs to be changed to "be sure that you have received Approved-by
for all the code, in case a maintainer only approved parts of your
change", or something of the sorts. Still working on that...

Cheers,
Bruno