Proposal: Add review tags to patch review workflow.

Eli Zaretskii eliz@gnu.org
Mon Oct 10 11:27:01 GMT 2022

> Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 12:11:46 +0200
> Cc: simark@simark.ca, gdb@sourceware.org
> From: Bruno Larsen <blarsen@redhat.com>
>
> > I'm not clear what I should do when I approve just part of a patch.
> > It is frequently the case that a patch includes both code and
> > documentation, and I'm approving just the documentation part(s).  Is
> > that item 1 or item 2? or something else?
> >
> It's a bit up to you, if I'm honest. I would default to telling you to
> use Reviewed-by, to avoid confusion, but if you want to say that the
> "documentation parts are Approved-by", I am fine with it.
>
> Just let me know if you decide to go with the second, so I can mention
> in the wiki something like "make sure all of your patch is approved
> before pushing".

I don't mind either way.  This whole thing is a service to others, so
I'll do whatever people prefer.  Let me just point out that my
situation is not too unique: several other maintainers can approve
only parts of patches.

Thanks.