The GNU Toolchain Infrastructure Project

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh@gotplt.org
Thu Oct 6 21:44:15 GMT 2022

On 2022-10-06 17:36, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
>> [...] Or alternatively, "sourceware overseers" could become a body
>> that maintains sourceware and is able to get funding through SFC for
>> its activities?
>
> Great idea -- and this is roughly what's happening.  This "body"
> consisting of key individuals has invited other folks interested in
> helping with or helping guide the upkeep of shared sourceware
> infrastructure to join us.

Here's another crazy idea on those lines then: how about having SFC fund
sourceware overseers' time on TAC (in addition to, perhaps consulting
tasks like independent security audits so that we have more eyes on the
infrastructure) so that we continue to have them involved in the
technical direction of GNU toolchain infrastructure?  That is of course
for overseers who are actually able to accept payments from the SFC for
such involvement.

Sid