The GNU Toolchain Infrastructure Project

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh@gotplt.org
Tue Oct 4 13:46:08 GMT 2022

On 2022-10-02 16:47, Mark Wielaard via Overseers wrote:
>> I've published the current GTI TAC meeting minutes to the glibc website:
>> https://www.gnu.org/software/libc/gti-tac/index.html
>>
>> The slides from the LF IT are a good overview:
>> https://www.gnu.org/software/libc/gti-tac/LF%20IT%20Core%20Projects%20Services.pdf
>
> I assume www.gnu.org was the easiest way for you to quickly make these
> things public. But it now does look like it is an official FSF/GNU
> proposal. Which I assume wasn't your intention. Note that it contains
> a copyright notice "© 2022, GTI TAC." but doesn't seem to have a
> (free) license. Which is kind of necessary if you host it on
> www.gnu.org.

Minutes moved here:

https://gti.gotplt.org/tac/
https://gti.gotplt.org/tac/LF%20IT%20Core%20Projects%20Services.pdf

I own gotplt.org and am happy to lend the subdomain for now to help
coordinate this because I think the LF proposal is the best long term
way forward for the GNU toolchain projects to remain competitive *and* Free.

To be clear, I don't think there are any qualms about adding a license
notice here but we'd have to agree on one.  I made and shared this copy
to dispel any further false speculation of scope creep of the GTI
proposal.  For any content attributable to me in the meeting minutes,
I'm happy to release it under any free license the TAC may agree on.

Sid