some questions about the underlying implementation principle of gdb

tangming chen tangmingchen8@gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 15:30:56 GMT 2022

Hello:
     I am an undergraduate, and i am studying gdb. I have some questions
about the underlying implementation principle of gdb.
     I learned that the implementation of gdb is related to ptrace.
Therefore,how does gdb debug programs through ptrace?  More specifically, I
recently learned the awatch command,ignore command(ignore n number (n is
watchpoint number)),continue command. how does gdb implement the
commands(awatch ignore continue)?
   Thank you!