_WIN32_WINNT redefined?

i.nixman@autistici.org i.nixman@autistici.org
Wed Nov 2 17:20:50 GMT 2022

On 2022-11-02 16:51, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> That's on your system, with your MinGW w32api headers.  But that's not
> the only game in town.

I'm sure there is no WINAPI implementation that does not define
_WIN32_WINNT. it's just impossible.
but in line 75 the condition is exactly for that impossible case.

> That's not what I suggested.  I suggested that you augment the above
> cpp conditionals such that when the gthread patch is in use,
> _WIN32_WINNT is defined to 0x0600, and otherwise to 0x0501, as before.
>
> The question is: what could be a preprocessor conditional to determine
> whether the gthread patch is used, so that it could be used to augment
> the above.  This is something I cannot answer, but I hope you can.

I solved my problem.
What I'm doing now is trying to tell you that it's illogical to check
the value of _WIN32_WINNT BEFORE the corresponding header file in which
this value was originally defined, has been included.

best!