buildbot users try branch builders

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Wed Jun 22 10:51:31 GMT 2022

Hi Jan,

On Wed, 2022-06-22 at 08:32 +0200, Jan Beulich wrote:
> I'm not very fluent in git, yet before that might happen I'd like to
> figure a way to keep my clone clean of the objects related to such
> branches, but without also omitting the objects for, in particular,
> release branches. Hence in .git/config
>
> 	fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
>
> is too wide while limiting to just master is too narrow. From earlier
> experiments I seem to recall that the *s here can't be simply
> replaced by more restricting wildcard "expressions" ...

Note that you can have multiple fetch lines, so you can just add a list
of explicit refs you want to fetch.

But I do see your problem, unlike in gcc where the releases are all
under refs/heads/releases/ the binutils and gdb ones are directly under
/heads/.

Maybe the negative refspecs that Andreas mentioned would help here
because all user branches are under /ref/heads/users/ So maybe adding
fetch = ^refs/heads/users/* would do the trick? (untested)

Cheers,

Mark