buildbot users try branch builders

Jan Beulich jbeulich@suse.com
Wed Jun 22 06:32:34 GMT 2022

On 20.06.2022 12:48, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> As an experiment we now have try builders for binutils and gdb. If you
> have commit access to binutils-gdb.git you can now push to your
> users/<name>/try-xxx branch and the buildbot will do builds and sent
> you (the commit author) email about the results. The builds are also
> visible at:

So I have a (perhaps seemingly unrelated) question here: If this is put
into general use, it'll encourage more people to push to such branches.
I'm not very fluent in git, yet before that might happen I'd like to
figure a way to keep my clone clean of the objects related to such
branches, but without also omitting the objects for, in particular,
release branches. Hence in .git/config

	fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*

is too wide while limiting to just master is too narrow. From earlier
experiments I seem to recall that the *s here can't be simply replaced
by more restricting wildcard "expressions" ...

Jan