buildbot vs --enable-targets=all

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 01:24:12 GMT 2022

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 02:25:42PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On debian-ppc64 and fedora-ppc64le there are the following ld failures:
> https://builder.sourceware.org/buildbot/#builders/86/builds/343
> https://builder.sourceware.org/buildbot/#builders/78/builds/382
>
> extra lines in dump.out starting with "^    40: 0000002c     0
> TLS     GLOBAL DEFAULT    9 ie0$"
> EOF from /var/lib/buildbot/workers/wildebeest/binutils-debian-
> ppc64/binutils-gdb/ld/testsuite/ld-powerpc/tlsexe32.r
> FAIL: TLS32 dynamic exec

The line should match the last line of ld-powerpc/tlsexe32.r.  Three
possibilities occur to me that might cause this:
1) There really is a duplicate globel ie0 symbol, or readelf is
   duplicating an output line.
2) expect/dejagnu is duplicating output lines to dump.out, or reading
   that file back when matching regexps duplicates the last line.
3) The last line of tlsexe32.r is dropped from the git checkout, or
   when matching regexps.

None of these things happen elsewhere as far as I know.  ie. the build
bot is broken.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM