Disambiguating symbols by module

Alexander Miloslavskiy alexandr.miloslavskiy@gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 20:58:58 GMT 2021

On 03.09.2021 19:25, Christian Biesinger wrote:
> The python API lets you do this:
> gdb.lookup_objfile("libfoo").lookup_global_symbol("ps")

Thanks! Unfortunately it seems that gdb does not return non-debugging
symbols this way. I can get the offending symbol with this approach, but
not the desired one.

Anyways, while trying that, I figured that the offending symbol comes
from a dbgsym package that I never meant to install. It somehow slipped
through to my machine two years ago, too late to figure how it happened.
After uninstalling it, there is no longer the other symbol to confuse
gdb, so I can now simply

(gdb) call (void)ps()

This means that my problem is now solved.