feature branch for creating MI commands with python (was: How to create new mi commands via python / get current interpreter in python)

Simon Sobisch simonsobisch@gnu.org
Fri Nov 5 21:18:49 GMT 2021

Am 05.11.2021 um 19:51 schrieb Jan Vrany:

>>> In any case that looks quite promising, would be nice to see it at
>>> least
>>> in a feature-branch in the official gdb repo until it is ready to
>>> be
>>> merged.
>>
>> Good idea, I can do that. I'll post here when done.
>>

> Done. Rebased on a recent master and pushed into branch:
> "users/jv/patches/feature-python-mi":
>
> https://sourceware.org/git/?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/users/jv/patches/feature-python-mi
>
> HTH, Jan

Thanks, I think this discussion should now move to gdb-patches.
I'd be interested what is missing to integrate this for GDB 12
(obviously a "stable" ABI would be needed).

I'm looking forward to read about that in gdb-patches (hopefully sooner
than later).

Thanks again for taking the time to answer and for your work on
improving GDB's Python API.

Simon