Is it possible to make gdb stop on actual failure, and not inside of signal or inside of assert function?

Yuri yuri@rawbw.com
Fri Nov 5 17:21:49 GMT 2021

I start gdb from the signal handler of the debugged process.

When SEGV happens the signal handler starts 'gdb -p $PPID' using the
'system' function.

gdb stops inside of the signal handler, inside of the system call, in
_wait4().

This is 7 levels below the SEGV location.

Is there a way to make gdb skip signal handler and stop at the actual
problem location,

which is the line that caused SEGV in my case?

gdb-11.1

FreeBSD 13

Thank you,

Yuri