How to create new mi commands via python / get current interpreter in python

Jan Vrany jan.vrany@fit.cvut.cz
Tue Nov 2 16:56:39 GMT 2021

Hi,

On Tue, 2021-11-02 at 17:40 +0100, Simon Sobisch via Gdb wrote:
> Additional to this question: is there an option to create new MI
> commands from python (instead of "console commands")

Sort of. This has been started by Didier Nadeau and then continued by
me but sadly, I got carried away and have not done the last bits so it
can be pushed.

However, I'm using this feature heavily and keep more-or-less
up-to-date GDB with this support (and some other hacks/fixes waiting
to be polished and submitted, see

https://github.com/janvrany/binutils-gdb/tree/users/jv%2Fvdb

Here you may find example how I use it:

https://swing.fit.cvut.cz/hg/jv-vdb/file/tip/python/vdb/__init__.py#l329

Let me know if you have any questions, let me know.

I'd like to take the opportunity and apologise to all reviewers
for not finishing it yet - hopefuly I'll find long-enough period of
quiter time to finish this.

Jan