Trace/breakpoint trap.

Simon Marchi simon.marchi@polymtl.ca
Sat May 1 21:31:47 GMT 2021

On 2021-05-01 5:47 a.m., Jason Long via Gdb wrote:
> Hello,
> I installed the Atomic Cryptocurrency Wallet on my Debian Linux and when I want to launch it, then it shows me "Trace/breakpoint trap" error.
> I want to find the reason of it with GDB.
> I launched it inside the GDB:
>
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /usr/bin/atomic
> Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
> [New Thread 0x7ffff2eb7700 (LWP 12453)]
> [Detaching after fork from child process 12454]
>

> Thread 1 "atomic" received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
> 0x000055555a7556f3 in ?? ()
>
> What is the next step?
>

> Thank you.

Hi,

You could start by using "bt" to get a sense of where you are stopped.
You could try to find out in which object file address
0x000055555a7556f3 falls.  You can use "info target" for that.
Depending on what you find, the next steps depend on what you find (it's
investigative work, so there's not pre-defined path).

Simon