GDB and MacOS 11.4/BigSur

Simon Marchi simon.marchi@polymtl.ca
Sun Jun 27 00:51:05 GMT 2021

On 2021-06-26 7:27 p.m., Sam Warner wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>   :), perfect, how can I help?

Specifically, with the bug you reported, you would need to figure out
why the global current_thread_ is nullptr at the point inferior_thread
is called.  In fact, all this happens before you tried to run anything,
so it's expected that there is no current thread: there are no threads
at all yet.

So, try to get a backtrace so we at least know which inferior_thread
call that is.  You can try to attach a working GDB to the broken GDB
while it's at the "would you like to create a core dump" question.  If
GDB is too broken, you can try lldb, whatever works.

Once we have that, we figure out a solution :).

Simon