MI to access value of $ prefixed variable name

Tom Tromey tom@tromey.com
Tue Jun 1 18:57:04 GMT 2021

Simon> I'd say that the simplest solution would be: don't use dollar sign in
Simon> identifiers.  But if somebody really wants GDB to support it, then they
Simon> can always send a patch for it (I don't think this is a priority for
Simon> anyone).

I think it would be fine if someone wanted to solve this.
Maybe one idea would be to defer to variables from the inferior, but
provide some additional way to refer to convenience variables.  Or maybe
vice versa.

Tom