Question: gdb.tui/tui-layout-asm.exp

Carl Love cel@us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 20 18:06:54 GMT 2021

Andreas:

> Carll  re_line \|\s+0x100007b0\s+<__gmon_start__@plt>\s+b\s+0x1000077
> 8\s+<__glink_PLTres\|
> Carll  line1 |    0x100007b0 <__gmon_start__@plt> b       0x10000778
> <__glink_PLTresolve>   |          <--  the read after the wait_for
> read more characters
> Carll match
> false
>
> FAIL: gdb.tui/tui-layout-asm.exp: scroll to end of assembler (scroll
> failed)
>

> The initial read of line 2, which then becomes re_line has fewer
> characters in it than when the same line is read the second
> time.  The
> second read occurs following the wait_for statement.

Looking at the screen dumps you can see the output formatting changed
based on the length of the fields.

Initially the dump looks like:

Screen Dump (80 x 24):
    0 +------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    1 |    0x100007ac <__libc_start_main@plt>      b       0x10000778 <__glink_PLTres|
    2 |    0x100007b0 <__gmon_start__@plt>         b       0x10000778 <__glink_PLTres|
    3 |    0x100007b4 <_fini>                      lis     r2,4098                   |
    4 |    0x100007b8 <_fini+4>                    addi    r2,r2,32512               |
    5 |    0x100007bc <_fini+8>                    mflr    r0                        |

After the down key is sent to gdb, the screen dump becomes:

FAIL: gdb.tui/tui-layout-asm.exp: scroll to end of assembler (scroll failed)
Screen Dump (80 x 24):
    1 |    0x100007b0 <__gmon_start__@plt> b       0x10000778 <__glink_PLTresolve>   |
    2 |    0x100007b4 <_fini>              lis     r2,4098                           |
    3 |    0x100007b8 <_fini+4>            addi    r2,r2,32512                       |
    4 |    0x100007bc <_fini+8>            mflr    r0                                |

It looks like the width of the second colum changes one the line with <
__libc_start_main@plt> is no longer being displayed.

I will look to see if we can make the screen width a little wider.

                              Carl