[RFC] Proposal for hosting GDB CI builds

Rainer Orth ro@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Thu Jul 1 12:08:39 GMT 2021

Hi Luis,

>>  From the reports you shared above, it seems there are lots of tests
>> with "random" results (or rather lots of differences between two
>> runs). My fear is that reports will soon get ignored if there are too
>> many false regressions. But I hope that making such variations public
>> will help fix the root cause.
>
> Unfortunately that's always been the nature of GDB's testsuite. It has
> improved over the year, but there are still problematic tests. We will
> certainly have to put those into an exception list when reporting the
> summaries, at least at an initial stage.

on the Solaris side, things are considerably worse: there are currently
2000+ FAILs for a GDB testsuite run, with considerable variation between
reruns.  I've never got a grip on what's going on, unfortunately, and in
the end turned the Solaris GDB buildbots to be build-only so I'd at
least catch build failures early.

	Rainer