How to display instructions around the current instuction?

Tavis Ormandy taviso@gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 17:38:05 GMT 2021

On 2021-01-28, Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> wrote:
> On Jan 28 2021, Peng Yu wrote:
>
>> There could be a syntax to go back a given number of instructions.
>
> How do you know how long each instruction is?

I just learned about the x/-5i syntax and had the same question. I
didn't look at the code but it does seem to know where the boundaries
are (e.g. if you start in the middle of an instruction).

I guess it must disassemble forward from a previous known location to
learn all the boundaries first?

Tavis.

--
 _o)            $ lynx lock.cmpxchg8b.com
 /\\  _o)  _o)  $ finger taviso@sdf.org