Considering removing CTF (Common Trace Format) support in GDB

Tom Tromey tom@tromey.com
Thu Jan 7 21:20:50 GMT 2021

Simon> My personal opinion is (disclaimer: I work for EfficiOS, the company behind the
Simon> Babeltrace project): as much as I would like to see Babeltrace 2 being used
Simon> more, I don't think the CTF support in GDB, as it is today, makes sense.

Simon> So if CTF support doesn't help in sharing the data with other tools, then it
Simon> just becomes an alternative format to GDB's own format for saving/loading trace
Simon> data.  And I don't think it's particularly useful to have two formats for this.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Tom