Auto update ChangeLog for binutils+gdb commits?

Jan Vrany jan.vrany@fit.cvut.cz
Sun May 31 07:41:19 GMT 2020

On Sat, 2020-05-30 at 13:41 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:

> IMO we should optimize for reducing the overhead for regular
> contributors.  Newcomers normally have many things to learn.

Being a newcomer, here's my perspective:

I must admit that dealing with changelogs
(editing them, fixing them, making sure both changelog in
file and in commit message are in sync) is a significant portion
of the time. Fixing / improving the code is usually ~20% of the total
time in my case (another time-consumer are tests, that's different story).
Indeed, I might be exception.

That being said, this is the highest "overhead" of all projects I work
on - not many, though.

My 2c.

Jan