Simon Marchi simark@simark.ca
Tue May 26 14:17:02 GMT 2020

On 2020-05-26 7:07 a.m., Jonny Grant wrote:
> Hi GDB maintainers
>
> Just wondering if this is down for you as well

> I clicked "bug-gdb"
>

> This site can’t be reached mail.gnu.org refused to connect.
> Try:
>
> Checking the connection
> Checking the proxy and the firewall
> ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Maybe it was temporary, the GNU mailing list page works for me right now.

However, there has been no activity there for many years, I think we should
either remove it from our page, or at least mention that it's there for
archive purposes only.

> I was going to ask if gdb@sourceware.org could be added to the $ gdb --help output and also the man page?

Yes, I think it would be nice.  Would you mind providing patches for that?

> Also this page
>
> https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/

This is generated from the gdb.texinfo file in the GDB source code, so you
could provide a patch for this as well:

https://sourceware.org/git/?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=blob;f=gdb/doc/gdb.texinfo;h=641816284954a492d6079560b9e6ab8312efa159;hb=HEAD

You can generate the HTML manual using the "make html" command in the gdb/doc
build directory.

> BTW, the footer has a link "Previous: (dir)" and "Up: (dir)" is a broken link to
> https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/dir/index.html
>
> Could someone fix that link, or should I file a bug report on sourceware?

Hmm, we would have to find out if it's a texinfo bug, or just us using texinfo wrong.

Again, you can generate this file using the "make html" command mentioned above and
try to find out why.

Simon