gdb 8.3: "handler for the OSI ABI "FreeBSD" is not built into this configuration"

Chris Nicol nicolc@uleth.ca
Sun May 24 01:55:05 GMT 2020

Thanks, Martin. Yes, when the gdb_6.1.1 did not work, I first had a look
to build the 9.1 in /usr/ports/devel/gdb, but the Makefile indicates
NOT_FOR_ARCHS= sparc64, and a comment above it "untested on sparc64,
might work". Not encouraged, I went on to build the 9.1 from the gnu
source. Maybe I will try the /usr/ports version if I comment out the
NOT_FOR_ARCHS, since there might be some tweaks in there that is
specific to FreeBSD.

I will also try what you are suggesting below. Hard to track down the
llvm-tblgen problem when I can't debug why it is seg. faulting... and
getting some help on the llvm list has been pretty fruitless.

Chris.