GDB locks RPM database

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil@redhat.com
Wed May 20 09:39:03 GMT 2020

On Wed, 20 May 2020 07:04:36 +0200, Muhammad Umer via Gdb wrote:
> Hopefully RedHat/Fedora folks can offer more insight.

I wrote the patch in 2008 using librpm:
	https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/gdb/c/6a80c39af8f12a670c2dc194674a246fe1ded687

I am not aware of such stale locks but then sometimes rpmdb stale locks could
happen even without any GDB involved and 'rpm --rebuilddb' helps in such case
(or just 'rm -f /var/lib/rpm/_*' but I am not sure how safe it is).
Hopefully it is no longer happening in new RHELs, I do not see it new Fedoras.

Anyway this is really unrelated to upstream GDB and such issues should be
filed through your RHEL support contact.

Still the librpm support is deprecated and no longer being developed as it is
being replaced by debuginfod support which already landed to upstream GDB.

Regards,
Jan Kratochvil