Help: debug binary

Andrew Burgess andrew.burgess@embecosm.com
Tue May 12 20:22:40 GMT 2020

* Kunal Chauhan via Gdb <gdb@sourceware.org> [2020-05-13 01:05:32 +0530]:

> Hi Team
> As I am new to core files and gdb
> >> How core file looks like in unix ?
> >>Can we use gdb to findout crash from core files? at development
> system.

You don't really need to know the details of the core file format, you
just need the core file and the corresponding binary and you can debug
this with GDB.  See:

  https://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb/Invoking-GDB.html#Invoking-GDB

Basically you want:

  $ gdb application.exe core.file

Then you should be able to investigate the state of the target at the
time it produced the core file.

Good luck,
Andrew