Running programs on aarch64 simulator

Jim Wilson jimw@sifive.com
Mon May 11 17:58:26 GMT 2020

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 7:41 AM Joel Sherrill <joel@rtems.org> wrote:
> I'm trying to build one that will run on the simulator. I haven't managed to
> do that yet. :(

You can find the answer in dejagnu.  See baseboards/aarch64-sim.exp
which uses -specs=rdimon.specs.

The aarch64 gdb sim is incomplete by the way.  ARM won't let ARM
engineers contribute to it because of IP concerns.  I did some work on
it when I was at Linaro, but there are still a number of instructions
that are missing or implemented wrong.  I got the gcc testsuite
failures down to about 1200 before I left Linaro.  I don't test it
anymore, so I don't know the current state.  I would suggest using
qemu instead unless you want to fix simulator bugs.

Jim