Running programs on aarch64 simulator

Joel Sherrill joel@rtems.org
Fri May 8 16:44:01 GMT 2020

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 11:16 AM Luis Machado <luis.machado@linaro.org>
wrote:

> On 5/8/20 10:44 AM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Can someone please provide an example of how to compile a program to run
> on
> > the aarch64 simulator in gdb? The simple "aarch64-elf main.c -o main"
> does
> > not link and appears to be missing libgloss type symbols.
> >
> > I asked on newlib but got no response. I'm hoping someone here knows.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --joel
> > RTEMS
> >

> Would QEMU be a better option to exercise some bare-metal programs? The
> GDB simulator has not been receiving a lot of maintenance.

Long term it is a better option but the gdb simulators have proven more
than
sufficient to work through the basic issues of an RTEMS port and they are
quite simple to use. You can get initialization, context switch, etc.
Definitely
have to move to Qemu to get interrupts worked out and real device drivers.

--joel