exec-file-mismatch and native-gdbserver testing

Metzger, Markus T markus.t.metzger@intel.com
Fri May 8 10:30:19 GMT 2020

Hello Philippe,

> > > In exec.c:validate_exec_file (), we check the filenames and, if they differ,
> print
> > a warning and re-load the symbol file.
> > >
> > > Should validate_exec_file () check more than just the filenames?
> > You mean: if the filenames differs, gdb could compare the contents of files and
> if
> > equal,
> > not ask the question, considering there is no mismatch ?
>
> It could compare build-ids, for example.
>
> If there are no build-ids, it may fall back to comparing file contents as you
> suggested.

Does that sound OK to you?

Thanks,
Markus.

Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Gary Kershaw
Registered Office: Munich