Automatically fetching Build ID from remote libraries and resole them locally?

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil@redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 09:19:34 GMT 2020

On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 11:04:30 +0200, Norbert Lange wrote:
> I would want to use 'set sysroot /path/to/staging/dir', but the downside is that
> mismatches will not be detected and can badly mess up debugging.

You should have setup symlinks in /usr/lib/debug/.build-id/
(or where you 'set debug-file-directory') for all build-ids you ever build.
That works for core-files.

> GDB 9.0 certainly does not use *Build-Ids from the 'remote'*,

According to a test I have made now I agree. Maybe Gary Benson will suggest
more.

Jan