Pedro Alves pedro@palves.net
Mon Jun 29 11:44:13 GMT 2020

On 6/28/20 4:36 PM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
>>> I tried every link to the archives, and they all worked for me.
>>
>> All of them?
>
> I was checking the links to what I believe to be mailing list archives.
> I excluded the newsgroup in my check.
>
>> mail.gnu.org doesn't respond to http.  The correct host
>> would be lists.gnu.org.
>
> I see. Thanks for clarifying.
>
> I found this URL:
>
>     https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gdb/
>
> But looking at it, the most recent post appears to be from Dec 2017.
> Is that the correct link? Is that newsgroup still active?

Wasn't bug-gdb@gnu.org converted to a gdb@sourceware.org alias years ago?

https://sourceware.org/legacy-ml/gdb/2014-11/msg00023.html

Here,

 https://sourceware.org/legacy-ml/gdb/2014-12/msg00001.html

Sergio said:

 "The GNU sysadmins told me that both lists now redirect here.  I hope it works OK."

I'm surprised the archives even exist beyond 2014.

For example, here:

 https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gdb/2016-01/threads.html

we see an email:

 https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gdb/2016-01/msg00000.html

that I can't find on the gdb@sourceware.org archive:

 https://sourceware.org/legacy-ml/gdb/2016-01/

Did the redirect stop working or something?

Pedro Alves