Why enforcing sw_breakpoint_from_kind() implementation in GDBserver targets

Martin Simmons qqxnjvamvxwx@dyxyl.com
Thu Jun 11 21:21:21 GMT 2020

> Last  but  not  least,  one  nitpick:  Even  though  I  have  added  the
> implementation of "sw_breakpoint_from_kind", I have never  done  so  for
> "breakpoint_kind_from_pc"    or    "breakpoint_kind_from_current_state".
> These last two are supposed to provide  the  "kind"  that  will  be  the
> input parameter for "sw_breakpoint_from_kind".  Therefore, even  if  the
> new piece of "sw_breakpoint_from_kind" would be executed, that would  be
> problematic.  I'm not sure what can be done about this but I think  _if_
> "sw_breakpoint_from_kind"     should     be    mandatory,     so     are
> "breakpoint_kind_from_pc" and "breakpoint_kind_from_current_state".

"breakpoint_kind_from_pc" and "breakpoint_kind_from_current_state" have
default implementations in gdbserver/target.cc so there is no need to
make them mandatory.

__Martin