Remote protocol question: the documentation says '?' is not required, but maybe it is?

Maciej W. Rozycki macro@wdc.com
Tue Jul 21 21:19:24 GMT 2020

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020, Reuben Thomas wrote:

> Just to eliminate this source of potential error, I adjusted my stub so
> that when it first connects to gdb it does not send a packet. This does not
> change the exchange with gdb in any way, except that the first packet from
> the stub is not sent.

 Well, this corrects an actual protocol error.  Just as the name "reply"
implies a stub is not supposed to send one when not requested by GDB, so
not spontaneously upon accepting a connection from GDB either.

  Maciej