gdbserver is not building for riscv Target

Ghalib Khan ghalib.khan@exaleapsemi.com
Fri Jan 24 13:33:00 GMT 2020

Hi

  *   I need a gdbserver for RISCV Target, so i started to building a gdbserver with help of FSF GDB sources.
  *   Mentioned build procedure steps as follows,

  1.  Downloaded Sources code, https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gdb/gdb-8.3.tar.gz
  2.  cd gdb-8.3.tar.gz<https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gdb/gdb-8.3.tar.gz>
  3.  export PATH=< PATH >/riscv64-unknown-linux-gnu/install/bin
  4.  ../configure --prefix=< PATH >/install --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=riscv64-unknown-linux-gnu --target=riscv64-unknown-linux-gnu CC=riscv64-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc

Here it's building only gdb for RISCV, not a gdbserver.

Details of Build tool's:-
gdb: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, UCB RISC-V, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-, for GNU/Linux 4.15.0, not stripped

               * To build only gdbserver:-

  1.  cd gdb-8.3<https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gdb/gdb-8.3.tar.gz>
  2.  ../configure --prefix=< PATH >/install --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=riscv64-unknown-linux-gnu --target=riscv64-unknown-linux-gnu CC=riscv64-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc

Here am hitting an Error:-
Error: target not supported by gdbserver.

  *    Can any one Help me to resolve this issue, so i can have a RISCV gdb server.
  *   From my knowledge, gdbserver is not yet ported to RISCV. If this is the case, can you please guide me to port gdbserver.

Thanks & Regards,
Ghalib khan C