mode processor mode switch

Luis Machado luis.machado@linaro.org
Thu Jan 16 14:52:00 GMT 2020

Hi,

On 1/14/20 8:58 AM, Jirka Koutný wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a 32-bit elf executable which at some point switches to long mode
> (kernel is 64-bit). Is there a way to tell gdb about the .code32/64
> directives? Because expectedly the switch messes up disassembly and
> stepping.
>
> Thank you
> Jirka

Unfortunately i don't think there is a good way to achieve this with the
current implementation.

You could teach GDB about the quirks in the architecture, but it sounds
better to have a more general solution.

I'm working on making this more flexible though, since i have a need to
make the architecture information per-thread, at least the target
description with the registers and types.

But no ETA yet.