Differences between -i=mi/mi2/mi3 ?

Simon Marchi simon.marchi@polymtl.ca
Wed Jan 30 14:49:00 GMT 2019

On 2019-01-30 02:42, Ömer Sinan Ağacan wrote:
> I relized that the gdb version I use supports 3 mi parameters, but I
> can't find
> any documentation on what are different between these versions. Is this
> documented anywhere?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ömer

Actually, this information added to the documentation quite recently:

https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commitdiff;h=1fea0d5379be553f9bcee7c50fba4cff00176d1b;hp=e7b47f2e68c6eaff916ea4d1202a77e15730f48f

I guess it will become live on https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb
with the next release of GDB.  In the mean time you can always build the
doc yourself (or just read the commit above).

mi3 currently doesn't exist (even though "mi3" was accepted by GDB as
the "future" MI version).  But this patch will be pushed shortly (after
the branching for GDB  8.3), becoming the first mi3-specific change:

https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2019-01/msg00427.html

Simon