suppress the output of backtrace to screen

Sergio Durigan Junior sergiodj@redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 22:54:00 GMT 2019

On Sunday, January 20 2019, Peng Yu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have logging on. So I don't want bt (via commads for breakpoints) to
> print the output to the screen. Is there a way to send it output only
> to the log? Thanks.
>
> https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/Backtrace.html

Hello,

I believe this is what you're looking for:

(gdb) help set logging redirect
Set the logging output mode.
If redirect is off, output will go to both the screen and the log file.
If redirect is on, output will go only to the log file.

Thanks,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36